Top o’ the mornin’ to ya CrossFitters and Bootcampers, it’s MARCH – again! Fingers crossed, this March will be a better one than last year. 😉
PushPress is LIVE
Before we get to the good stuff, just a quick reminder that we are now using PushPress as our gym’s software, and no longer using Zen Planner. Please reserve all your class spots ahead of time on the app. If we have any classes that have zero registrations, we’ll cancel it for the day. Signing up and then checking in for classes allows us to see how popular certain class times are and will allow us to adjust our schedule as needed. We’ll also be able to see who’s checking in and who we need to reach out to when we haven’t seen a member in a while. So if you’re coming, sign up and check in!
Oh, and if you see more docs to sign within PushPress, it’s because we are working on attaching “Welcome” letters to each membership. These are letters you’ve all seen before (they tell you where to park, what apps to use, how to sign up for a class…..) but since we need all new/incoming members to receive these docs, you’ll each get them (again) and have to sign them.
Saturday Morning Changes
For the month of March, we’re going to experiment with adding a 9:30 CrossFit class to the schedule on Saturday mornings. If the class consistently pulls in 8+ members, we’ll keep it on the schedule … until it doesn’t anymore.
And since the current OLY class isn’t pulling in 8+ members each time we have it, we’re going to pull that off the schedule for now. After the open, we’re going to start offering courses throughout the year . For example – a 12 week OLY course that meets 2-3 times a week … a strength building program, a gymnastics program, an endurance cycle…..so many possibilities! We’ll cycle the courses throughout the year in the hopes that members can sign up for the programs that will help strengthen their performance and push them further towards reaching specific goals. These courses will be available for any member of the gym to sign up for.
And now for the moment you’ve been waiting on…..
THE 2021 OPEN IS HERE!
Whether or not you plan on participating in the Open this year, there are a lot of things you need to know!
- On Friday, March 5th at 7pm, we’ll be having the team draft night. We will have three teams for this year’s open, and we’re drafting all names. Sign up for the Open by Friday, and join us for the draft! Athletes will receive an info sheet on theme nights, scoring, points challenges….etc!
The LIVE Announcement and Open Kick Off Event:
- On Thursday, March 11 at 7:30pm, we’re hosting the LIVE open announcement and kickoff party. Yaneth from the Mexi-Deli across from Costco, is catering for us and is making homemade tacos and rice. If you want to place your order for food and beverage, cost will be $10. Please use this event link to sign up.
- We are looking for two people to go head-to-head Thursday night after the first announcement. If you’re interested, let Steph or Caroline know!
Friday Nights Lights is BACK!
- Our first Friday Nights Lights will take place on March 12 at 6:00pm! Please get to the gym as early as possible (5:45 if you can!) to sign up for heats, hear the workout rules and regulations, etc. With Covid looming over us this year, we’re going to have to go through heats rather quickly so that we can keep the space as open as possible. And per usual, anyone who is not actively doing the Open workout must be masked and physically distanced!
- We will have three…maybe even four teams this year. Teams will compete for points throughout the competition. We will have at least six different ways to earn points throughout the Open for your team. Will relay all of these to you at the draft, again at the kickoff, and your team captain will also make sure you receive all information.
- There will be no 6pm Friday classes during the three weeks of the 2021 Open.
Haven’t Signed Up Yet?
The link to sign up for the open is https://games.crossfit.com. You don’t have to be good at CrossFit…you don’t even have to be good at exercising in general – ha! It’s just a fun competition that will create community and team spirit within the gym. Not sure? There is a category for EVERYONE:
Get the Coolest Ever Swag
Be on the lookout for a link to order some sweet CrossFit Open gear. We’ll email that out as soon as we get the link from Daniels.